Friday, December 3, 2010

A Workshop

I don't do workshops very often - I usually puzzle things out on my own but just sometimes it's nice to join in with others to learn something new.  This time I went with one of my groups to Mittagong, about 1-1/4 hours south of Sydney (depending on where you live) to Village Patchwork.  I have to say we had a fantastic day, doing both foundation piecing and curved piecing.  This is the block we did:


There were eight (yes!) sections to the central part of the block and then the four quarter-circles were added.  Mine was made pretty much according to the colours in the shop sample because I had only returned from Canberra the evening before and I knew I had a lot of the fabrics already.  The block did take a while to construct and if I want to make a quilt I have to do 12 more like this one.  If you want to see how I've progressed, I suggest you watch this space in no sooner than 12 months' time, LOL.




4 comments:

  1. GREAT WORK and despite all evidence to the contrary you are not forgotten in the bookmark stakes.....just tortoise pace.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks gorgeous...looking forward to checking out the finished quilt... next year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daphne! You commented on my blog on March 18, 2013, and I wasn't able to reply to you because you're a no-reply commenter. But I wanted to be sure to say thank you for all your encouraging words. I really appreciate them. Linda

    ReplyDelete